Thursday 14 August 2014

A Backup Plan For Every Budget

Hello there, I have been looking all around the internet for the past two months for a good, reliable backup plan for my business and my home. (This after my daughter spilled coffee on the keyboard of my laptop while I was in the bathroom - I came back 15 minutes later and... surprise!!) I lost several important files that day, including some projects I was working on.


I decided that I could not afford to loose any of my files again, therefore, after looking at several sites, I decided to go with Dupplica. The reason I decided to go with them is not just the price (well who am I kidding...of course the price is important!!) but also their flexibility.


I'll cut my story short. My family and I own a business where our headquarters are in the city, but three of our employees are working from home in three different cities. I am not so good in networking and stuff like that but with Dupplica services I could buy a very cheap Sync folder that gave me and my employees the opportunity to access to all our files anywhere and it works with all our devices.


For me, that I am constantly travelling by train this is a great relief, also because I don't always need to bring my laptop with me: I can access all my files, even my movies from the app in my IPhone! In the beginning the upload took me a while, and when I say a while, I mean something like a week. As a matter of fact the first few days I wondered if it worked all right, so I contacted the support service who assured me that the first upload always takes longer than usual, but after that all uploads will be fast. Indeed that's what happened.


Apart from the sync folder, which is something I would suggest only for businesses, the most popular product is their standard backup. I registered also my mom's pc for a backup. The installation was very simple, just few clicks, and she paid just $24 per year (there is also an option to pay $3 per month) and she got unlimited storage with unlimited file size with 14 days of free trial. I checked with other cloud storage companies, and their price for the same services were much higher. I think it's worth giving it a try!


This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.





No comments:

Post a Comment