Sunday 8 June 2014

My Day In Photos: An Article I Would Do If I Had A Smartphone

As a blogger, I love what I do. I enjoy writing and publishing, and I find it exciting when I see more people reading and following my work. Since I want to publish what will interest my readers, I am always on the lookout for great ideas. One type of article I would love to do would be a photo essay titled My Day in Photos.


The first photo in this photo essay would show me right after I woke up. I would be sitting up in bed, I would probably have my sleep mask on top of my head, and I would have messy hair and shiny oily skin. After snapping the picture, I would remove my mask, get up out of bed, take my shower, and begin my day. Starting my day would allow me to get on with what I plan to do and also allow me to continue my photo essay.


The next photo would show me in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. I would be dressed in workout clothes and tennis shoes, and my hair would be up in a ponytail. In the photo, I would be standing at the stove, probably waiting for two fried eggs to cook. I would have a cup of coffee on the counter beside me, and I would drink my coffee while I waited. When the eggs were done, I would add either sausage patties or hash browns to go with them. Once they were done, I would take my plate and my husband’s plate into the living room, where we would eat. I would then either turn the TV to a show that I wanted to see, or I would put in a movie, and we would watch that during our meal. Then, after eating, I would take our plates into the kitchen, set them in the sink, and go on with my day.


The third photo would show me sitting at the kitchen table, studying my driver’s education book and flashcards. I would study diligently for thirty minutes, and then I would put my studying aside and take a break. During my break, I would turn on the radio so that I could listen to music. I would hope to hear a song like “All of Me” by John Legend or a song by Pink. Either way, I would have a good break. I would then refill my coffee cup and return to my studying, feeling refreshed.


The fourth photo would show me running. As I ran, I would listen to a great running song, like “Lullaby” by Shawn Mullins. I would run, burn calories, and relax so that I could make the transition into my evening activities.


Then, after my run, I would turn on the radio and begin fixing dinner. The fifth photo might capture me making meatloaf, for instance. I would be standing at the kitchen counter with a big glass bowl in front of me. In the bowl would be the ingredients that I would need for meatloaf, such as ground beef, egg, and milk. I would mix these ingredients together, form the mixture into a loaf, and put the loaf into a loaf pan. Then I would make a sauce that goes on top, which consists of ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. I would spread the sauce over the top of the loaf, and then put the loaf in the oven to bake. The meatloaf would be done in about an hour, and then we could eat. After we ate, I would pick up our plates and take them to the kitchen so that they would be out of the way. With my dishes no longer in my way, I could move on.


In the sixth picture, I would be sitting at the computer, spending some time online. I would be checking my Street Articles stats, and I would be checking other sites, such as Twitter and LinkedIn, looking for material that might inspire ideas for more articles. While I spent time online, I might watch a movie or a TV show.


In the seventh picture, I would be dressed in a green T-shirt and white baggy pajama pants with coffee cups on them. I would be standing at the kitchen sink, washing dishes. In front of me would be a sink full of suds, and around me would be all of the dirty dishes that I needed to wash. The photo would probably capture me washing the big glass bowl that I mixed the meatloaf in. I would finish the dishes as quickly as I could before the suds could disappear and so that I would not have to stay up too late. Then, once the dishes were done, I would return to the living room.


In the eighth photo, I would probably be sipping a cup of hot cocoa while I watched “Star Trek: The Next Generation” with my husband. I would savor the hot beverage and relax after a long and busy day. After “Star Trek”, I would put our cups in the refrigerator in order to stretch the dish soap. I would then get ready for bed.


The ninth picture would capture me brushing my teeth. After 2 ½ years in orthodontic treatment, I am happy with my teeth and my smile. Therefore, my teeth are important to me. I also want to take care of them in order to avoid possible problems with my heart, since I understand there is a connection between the teeth and the heart.


The tenth and final picture would be of me in bed. I would be lying down with my sleep mask pulled down over my eyes. I would snap this final picture and then turn off the light so my husband and I could go to sleep.


An article like this would be fun and challenging to do, because it would be new and different than anything I have done. I worry that it might be a bit boring, since it would only show normal household activities. It would not show me playing with children or pets, since we have neither, nor would it show me at a job. However, it would allow my readers to put a face to my name. Unfortunately, my phone is not a smartphone. Therefore, this photo essay is not likely to happen. Many other more normal articles would be a more realistic possibility, however, and they should be coming up shortly.


This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.





No comments:

Post a Comment